Nintendo has released some numbers for their hardware and software sales in 2018. Here are some highlights.
On the hardware side, the Nintendo Switch sold 14.49 million units from April 1 until Dec. 31. They have lowered their fiscal years sales(end of March) from 20 million down to 17 million.
- Super Smash Bros Ultimate – 12.08 million
- Pokémon Let’s Go – 10 million
- Mario Tennis Aces – 2.53 million
- Mario Kart 8 – Ltd 15.3 million
- Super Mario Odyssey – Ltd 13.76 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 11.68 million
These software numbers are absolutely crazy! Breath of the Wild is now the best selling Zelda game, and Super Smash Bros Ultimate is the fastest selling game in Nintendo’s history, that’s 12 million in three weeks time.
Full results can be viewed here.