Some information has come out from Niko analyst Daniel Ahmed, @ZhugeEX, regarding Nintendo’s hardware and software sales in December and all of 2018 in general. This is some pretty impressive stuff here.
- The Switch sold 5.6 million units in the U. S. in 2018
- Switch ends 2018 as the year’s best-selling hardware platform(dollars and units)
- When launch aligned, Nintendo Switch is 22% ahead of PS4, 34% ahead of XB1.
- December was the best selling hardware month for the Switch, or any console, this generation.
- Nintendo was the top publisher in 2018 for the first time since 2009.